Inspection and evaluation of employee/facility health and safety. Responsible for research, acquisition, implementation and coordination of safety information with the General Manager. Monitors the safety compliance and risk management of operation per the guidelines of the Company’s IIPP (Injury & Illness Prevention Program).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the General Manager at the respective location for: training, facility inspections and record keeping.
- Maintains and implements the highest level of safety training and awareness. Distribution of health and safety information for prevention and awareness of work related injuries and illness.
- Conducts regular workplace inspections and observe all employees’ work procedures to identify and correct health and safety hazards. Encourages prompt employee reporting of health and safety concerns without fear of reprisal. Tracks timely correction of workplace hazards.
- Implements a Workplace Safety Suggestion Process to encourage staff to submit safety-related improvements.
- Implements an incentive-based employee recognition plan for good safety practices.
- Maintains proper controls for safeguarding property assets, including, but not limited to property, inventory and equipment. Corrects safety hazards or communicates to Management or Agency as appropriate.
- Schedules and conducts regular safety meetings per Risk & Safety Management direction, Company guidelines and seasonal relevance. Maintains accurate and current records of meeting agendas and attendance.
- Understands and complies with OSHA, Workers Compensation Insurance, Department of Boating Safety and Waterways (if applicable), and County Environmental Health Department (if applicable).
- Administration of claims for all work related injuries and illness (if directed by Risk, Safety, Compliance Director).
- Communicates with employee medical providers and insurance companies for work-related injury/illness (if directed by Risk, Safety, Compliance Director).
- Issues reports of claim activity to supervisors and managers.
- Monitors the employee work-related injury, illness and claim activity and consults with GM and Director of Safety & Training to avoid and minimize employee accidents.
- Routinely inspects and ensures compliance with facility and employee safety programs including, but not limited to; Injury and Illness Prevention Programs, SWPPP, Hazardous Communications, Emergency Response Programs, Site Safety, and Employee Safety Training.
- Maintains current safety and labor law postings.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all agencies, contractors, vendors, and guests.
- Ensures the safety of guests and employees.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, some college or continuing education preferred.
- Experience: Previous safety compliance experience that includes direction of personnel, accounting and related budgeting activities, inventory control, and guest relations. Prefer recreation related experience but will consider other risk management experience.
- Skills/Knowledge: Ability to assess the area and what needs to be done, with minimum supervision. CPR/First Aid certification recommended.
- General Abilities: Math computation and computer skills. Organization skills. English language skills, written and oral. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively. Friendly, with the ability to multi-task in often busy and stressful situations. Ability to make independent decisions and determine appropriate course of action.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean 3-year history, and no DUI within the past 5 years.
- Reliable transportation
- Able to work in varying weather conditions
The California Parks Company, dba Urban Park Concessionaires, California Guest Services, In., and Quagga Inspection Services, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status