Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets with Agency partners and coordinates services as require by contract with an eye toward exceeding expectations.
- Oversees the recruiting, training, scheduling, and supervision of all personnel including disciplinary actions and terminations when appropriate and per policy.
- Maintains the highest level of safety training and awareness for all personnel.
- Responsible for monthly meetings and annual reviews.
- Responsible for pay rate recommendations.
- Creates staff work schedules per labor budget, season, weather and activity levels. Utilize Core services team to optimize this schedule.
- Responsible for achieving annual operations budget.
- Prepares annual operating budget and monitors progress of actual versus projected figures on a monthly basis. Investigates negative deviations and sets and monitors objectives to correct.
- Follows and ensures accurate accounting procedures including but not limited to controlling cash, closing and balancing points of sale terminal system/ cash registers, and processing credit card transaction, advanced deposits, payables, receivables, etc. Reviews result in GL and Income Statements with analytical tools and provides precise variance analyses.
- Maintains proper controls for safeguarding assets, including but not limited to fixtures, displays, merchandise and F&B inventory, vehicles, boat fleet, equipment etc...
- Routinely inspects and ensures an above average appearance for all property areas.
- Understands and complies with government regulations pertaining to operation. This includes but is not limited to weights and measures, County Sheriff, National Park Service, OSHA, EPA and Labor Departments. Maintains a professional relationship with all agencies, contractors, vendors, and customers.
- Ensures and takes appropriate action for the proper maintenance of all property equipment.
- Develops and implements a routine preventative maintenance program.
- Ensures the safety of guests and employees. Trains employees in the safe use of equipment.
- Understands and complies with Fire Prevention Program. Monitors physical facility on a daily basis to ensure proper safety environment. Maintains accurate and current OSHA records.
- Communicates efficiently and timely with management.
- Ensures prompt, safe and courteous service to all guests. Resolves guest disputes in a diplomatic consistent manner as developed by management.
- Establishes capital expenditure budgets and secures competitive bids for all major purchases.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all data/information related to specific job assignments and The California Parks Company in general.
- Be a willing member of The California Parks Company, performing all duties and functions as assigned to the best of his/her ability.
- Must be bondable.
- Must have a clear background check.
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality/recreation field, Food Service, Facilities, or Business Management preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years project management or hospitality management experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a large marina.
- Minimum 5 years General Manager experience managing hospitality properties, food & beverage, lodging based businesses.
- Ten years (minimum) previous full management experience that includes direction of personnel, accounting and related budgeting activities, inventory control, advertising, and customer relations. Prefer recreation/resort/hospitality experience but will consider other property management experience.
- Demonstrated skills in supervision, budget development and management, staff development, maintenance system development and management.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean 3-year history and no DUI convictions in the past 10 years.
- Must be proficient in the use of standard MSOffice software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The marina has 869 boat slips so experience managing a large marina is a must.
- Working, weekends, holidays and evenings required.
- Must be a creative, forward thinking individual with excellent organizational, leadership and problem solving abilities.
The California Parks Company, dba Urban Park Concessionaires, California Guest Services, In., and Quagga Inspection Services, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.