This role is the primary driver of the Risk, Insurance, and Training for The California Parks Company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the planning, execution, and administration of annual insurance renewals.
- Serve as company expert on company insurance program and records management.
- Solicit and analyze quotes and negotiate premiums and coverage.
- Manage the process of identifying and assessing the risks affecting the business, internally and externally.
- Oversee the end-to-end insurance claims process, including reporting and internal handling of professional liability, general liability, and property claims.
- Ensure proper and efficient claim investigation, processing, reporting, recording, and tracking.
- Manage in-house insurance claims handling.
- Review and evaluate contracts, leases and other legal documents for risk management, insurance compliance, and potential issues.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Be the primary liaison with the third party risk management, claims provider and injured parties.
- Respond effectively and appropriately to specific loss and control concerns.
- Review the existing work site and food safety program and assess the compliance and effectiveness.
- Assists in development and implementation, and oversight of safety training programs for compliance with industry norms, OSHA regulations, and other federal, state or local requirements.
- Perform on-site inspections (both workers’ comp. and property).
- Determine control deficiencies and what corrective measures are needed.
- Attend claims review sessions and determine course of action to prevent re-occurrence claims.
- Keep all managers informed of any changes with safety/compliance, regulations and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate reporting and documentation of activity as set by the CEO, CFO, COO, and Director of Human Resources.
- Maintain appropriate communications with internal departments for special circumstances and events that may arise and potentially present added risk to The California Parks Company.
- Facilitate seminars/webinars on various training topics throughout the year.
- Lead The California Parks Company University.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate an ability to provide claims cost containment strategies and assistance to clients, such as return-to-work programs, first aid programs, etc.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and with an organized style is essential.
- Ability to interact with upper management and line level operations employees.
- Education: Associate's degree in related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- College-level course work in business management or public administration. Four years of progressively responsible public risk management, operations, and/or training experience.
- Must be able to determine why accidents occur and what corrective measures to implement.
- Must have comprehension and experience in complying with OSHA and Environmental Health standards and laws.
- Aptitude to be creative in developing positive reinforcement of safety measures to sustain a sa
- Must have strong customer service, presentation and communication skills.
- Able to present webinars and training courses to small and large groups.
- Must be proficient with a variety of computer programs, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time. Heavier in April thru September.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean 3-year history and no DUI convictions in the past 10 years.
Be a willing member of The California Parks Company, performing all duties and functions as assigned to the best of his/her ability.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The California Parks Company, dba Urban Park Concessionaires, California Guest Services, In., and Quagga Inspection Services, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.